Eeee it’s out! My LA home tour and interview with Glitter Guide is up on their site here, with a beautiful write-up by Wendy Vasquez (thank you!). When Taylor Sterling, founder and creative director of Glitter Guide, and Samantha Welker, business manager, asked if I would be open to giving a little home tour…I couldn’t believe it! For a few years now Glitter Guide has been a source of inspiration and admiration, with constant home tours and interviews featuring incredible women that I look up to. Never did I see myself being a part of this group — at least, just yet 😉 But alas, here we are! I am so grateful and honored. I hope you love our home as much as Scott and I do. It’s full of light, has cute 1920’s built-ins and has been a cozy, quiet mini-heaven for us over the past few years. Head on over to Glitter Guide for more photos, words, and…Oliver, of course!
10 Favorite Everyday Beauty Products Featured in My Home Tour
For this blog post, I wanted to go into detail and share 10 of my favorite beauty products featured in my home tour! Many of you have asked about my beauty and hair routine, and I am excited to say two videos are in the process of being edited. For now, I share with you a few of my every-day beauty staples:
All photos shot by my incredible, talented, wonderful husband, Scott! On Life Beauty
Scroll down & follow the illustrated numbers!
- Nuxe Merveillance Expert Correcting Cream: I use this face cream morning and night, before and after removing my makeup. I absolutely love it and haven’t found a cream that I love more. It has the perfect amount of richness (without being too thick), moisture (without being too oily), and feels luxurious, without spending an arm and a leg. A little goes a long way!
- “Figue Amour” by Bastide. Bastide is a brand originating from the Provence region of France. I’d actually never heard of the brand until they sent me some of their products, and now I love it! Scott and I both love this eau de toilette. The scent is fresh with “zesty notes of berries, wild figs, and creamy sandalwood for a modern, unisex scent.” Indeed, modern and unisex is how it smells. Refreshing.
- Another Bastide product, their “Corps-a-Corps” body cream. I’m not a huge fan of body creams that are colored, have too much perfume or chemicals. This body cream is neither of those things and all velvety-light, airy, smooth goodness. What’s more, every time I run my fingers through the jar, it seems as if I hadn’t at all! It lasts forever and leaves my skin feeling soft and moisturized (without oily residue or stickiness). It’s pretty perfect!
- Nuxe Bio Beauty Vitamin-Rich Detox Mask: A great product that I have on my list of products to purchase when I return to France (unfortunately I can’t find this anywhere online in the US). This mask smells of sweet oranges and leaves my face feeling fresh, bright, supple, with an even complexion. I like to use this gel in the mornings before shoots, especially if I have a sleepy face that morning.
- Darphin Revitalizing Oil: I’ve been using this oil for a few years now and haven’t drifted from it. I love that I can use it on the ends of my hair (that are often dry) for extra moisture and shine, and also lightly dab some onto my face if I want some extra moisture at night or during the day. Two in one! An additioncent is light and heavenly.
- Rosewater face mist from The Arc. This is the first product from The Arc that I’ve ever tried, and I love it. I spray rosewater on my face in the morning, after rinsing my face with water and before applying moisturizer. I also like to lightly spritz my face with it throughout the day, leaving my skin hydrated and the air around me sweet, fresh and delightful. You can’t ever go wrong with rosewater!
- Chanel’s Soleil Tan de Chanel. I love this product so much, it’s hard for me to imagine that there was a time (not so long ago!) when I didn’t have it in my life. This velvety cream-gel bronzer is wonderful. I apply it after my foundation (below) to give my skin a sun-kissed summer look. I use it to define my cheekbones and apply a little on my cheeks, the bridge of my nose (where the sun would naturally hit), and a little on the top of my forehead, near my hairline. As I am a girl with fair skin, this bronzer is perfectly blendable and delicate in its make up. I’m a huge fan! (I first was introduced to it by makeup-artist Nathan Hejl, on set for Grazia France. I went out and bought it immediately after).
- Chanel’s Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation. Because I have freckled and fair skin, I don’t love foundations that are too dense or greasy. I love that this foundation is lightweight, water-based (but holds enough moisture), and gives me a luminous glow (without any glitters or artificial-looking sheens). And, it has SPF 15!
- Glossier’s Invisible Shield SPF 35: The only sunscreen that I enjoy wearing on my face every day over my makeup. I could try to explain that it feels like a serum, blah blah blah, but here’s what it says on their site, much more eloquently: “a clear watergel formula filled with active microcapsules that instantly absorbs into skin with no greasy residue and zero white cast.” YES! I wear this sunscreen on hot, sun-blazing days. If you veer away from wearing sunscreen because of smells, residues or appearances, try this one!
- Last but certainly not least, Poppy and Someday’s Organic Herbal Lip Stain & Balm. I have two, the Peppermint and Coriander stains, and I always keep one in my purse and one by my bedside table. I love this stain for multiple reasons: 1. Poppy and Someday was founded and created by LA local Kari Jansen, who is also an incredible herbalist and Ayurvedic practitioner. She is talented, kind, beautiful in soul and wearing her products makes me feel connected to her as a person (which I love). It feels good to know exactly where products come from! 2. The actual balm-stain is glorious. The gorgeous, herbal (non-artificial) scent mixed with the light, moisturizing, rich organic-y silk goodness of essential oils, butters, and infused herbs FEELS good on the lips. She’s found the perfect ratio of ingredients, and this hits the mark! Not to mention the beautiful, light tint that comes with wearing them (especially the Coriander, less the Peppermint). These aren’t waxy like your store-bought lip balms and last a long while (I still haven’t finished mine!). Love.
A big thank you to the team at Glitter Guide!