My Everyday Makeup Routine (+Video)
About a month ago I released an IGTV video covering my everyday makeup routine, something I’d been wanting to share for a long time! I am so grateful for all of your comments, sweet responses and suggestions for mascaras I should try — Glossier definitely took the cake and I just ordered it! I can’t wait to try it out. I also can’t wait to create an everyday hair tutorial as well! For now, here is my Everyday Makeup Routine video posted on IGTV and a list of products used, along with quick recaps and links in case you don’t have time to re-watch the entire video. 🙂
1. Nuxe Bio Vitamin-Rich Radiance Detox Mask: I LOVE this mask for it’s light, sweet-smelling-orange-water, gel-like, brightening qualities. I use it in the mornings before heading off to shoots to give my face a bright, clean start to the day.
2. Nuxe Merveillance Expert Correcting Cream: This is another favorite cream for putting on at night and in the mornings. I use it as my moisturizer and love that it’s light, not too heavy or dense, but refreshing, restorative (anti-aging!), and relatively “clean” ingredient-wise.
3. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Foundation #10: A great foundation if you want light, dewy coverage. I like that it covers my dark circles while still allowing my freckles to show.
4. Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzer: If, like me, you are fair-skinned but want that “summer glow”, GET THIS. I swear by this product and am thankful to Nathan Hejl for using it on me during a photo shoot a year ago. I apply it on my cheekbones, the top of my forehead, a little on the bridge of my nose—basically all areas where the sun naturally would leave a little rosy summer glow.
5. Makeup Forever HD Cream Blush #420: I know you’re not supposed to use products past their expiration mark, but I’ve had this blush for years! My friend (and also makeup artist) Jeffrey Baum gave it to me and I love it. It’s a perfect peachy, rosy blush. Not too orange, not too pink, and makes me feel like a fresh, “English rose”. I tap some onto the apple of my cheeks with my fingers and occasionally will also tap some onto my lips for a smudgy, naturally-rosy lip. Thankfully, it’s in store and online everywhere! It may be time for me to buy a new one. 🙂
6. Glossier Haloscope Highlighter in Quartz: This is the only highlighter I’ve ever owned and I haven’t veered from it within the past two years. Glossier offers different hues for their highlighters, and I particularly love the Quartz shade as it has a slightly warmer tone, which is just my preference 🙂 I also love the dewy, fresh glow that this highlighter gives me and cannot say better things about it. I apply it to the bridge of my nose, the top of my cheekbones, a little on the cupid’s bow (but not too much), a little on the top of my forehead (where the sun would hit), and finally, a little on my brow bones. Voilà!
7. Finally, sometimes I will use Boy Brow by Glossier, in blond. It’s great if, like me, you aren’t a pro at doing your eyebrows but still want natural definition.
I hope this video and these instructions helped you discover some true gems. If you have any recommendations or want to share YOUR favorite beauty products, let me know what they are below!